Announcing the first prerelease of KumuluzEE 4.0.0
We are happy to announce the first Beta of KumuluzEE 4.0.0. This is the first prerelease of the major release, which brings a major Jetty upgrade, support for the latest released versions of Java, including the Java 17 LTS version and the use of JakartaEE 8 artifacts replacing the JavaEE 8 artifacts.
The breaking changes in this release are:
- KumuluzEE no longer supports Java 1.8 runtime, since the support for Java 1.8 has been dropped in Jetty 10.
- Replaced JavaEE 8 artifacts with the JakartaEE 8 artifacts. If you are using JavaEE artifacts in your code, you should be able to find equivalent artifacts in the JakartaEE namespace.
- Removed excludedAgentPatterns from gzip configuration since it was removed from Jetty.
See the full changelog below.
- Upgraded from Jetty 9 to Jetty 10
- Added support for Java 16, 17 and 18 and dropped support for Java 1.8
- Use JakartaEE artifacts instead of JavaEE
- Upped dependency versions
- Removed excludedAgentPatterns from gzip configuration since it was removed from Jetty
- Updated jar loading to add support for multi-release jars when running in UberJar
- Added missing spaces in dependency validation log messages
- More robust exception handling when loading configuration file
- Updated JAX-WS annotation procesor in order to support some edge cases
Check out the release on GitHub: KumuluzEE v4.0.0.beta.1